Portuguese Custard Tart
58 g weight per piece
Made just outside of Lisbon to a traditional Portuguese recipe. A traditional Portuguese speciality combining a light, crisp pastry case with a creamy sweet egg custard filling that gives a caramelised finish. The ideal small indulgent, on-the-go treat and to upsell with a drink for a café, coffee shop, restaurant, hotel or for catering.
- Expertly crafted to a traditional recipe
- No oven, no problem, our range of sweet treats come fully baked, simply thaw & serve within 1 hr. Helping you minimise waste and continue to maximise quality.
- Combining over 150yrs of bakery experience with the most modern baking techniques.
- The ideal sweet treat to upsell with a hot drink or on its own in a café, coffee shop, restaurant, hotel or for catering.
IngredientsFilling (63%): Sugar, Water, MILK, EGG Yolk, WHEAT Flour, EGG White, Dried MILK, Maize Starch, Thickener (E415). Pastry (37%): WHEAT Flour, Vegetable Margarine (Vegetable Oils and Fats (Palm, Sunflower, Rapeseed, Coconut), Water, Emulsifier (E471), Acidity Regulators (E270, E330), Salt, Antioxidant (E307)), Water, Salt. For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in CAPITALS. May also contain traces of nuts, sesame seeds and soya.
- Cereals containing gluten
May contain traces of:
- Sesame seeds
Storage & Handling
Keep frozen at -18°C. Once thawed do not refreeze.
Bake from frozen in a preheated oven for 16 minutes at 180°C. Leave to cool and display.
|Country of Origin||Portugal|
|Shelf life (months)||18|
|Nutrition per 100 g|
|Energy, kJ||290 kcal|
|Energy, kJ||1217 kJ|
|Fat of which is saturated acids||6.1 g|
|Carbohydrate of which sugar||21.8 g|